Tuesday, Jan 11, 2022 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Everyone is encouraged to attend!
This is an open meeting, all are welcome.
Boundary County Historical Society Annual Meeting
Tuesday, January 11, 2022
7229 Main St., Bonners Ferry, Idaho
Refreshments will be served
- Call to Order
- Annual Reports
- Election of Trustees
- Old/New Business
Come take a look at the progress of your museum and help shape the future
The meeting will include a review of the museum’s annual financial report and Notice of Annual Meeting budget, reports on museum activities during the past year, and any other business that may come before the membership.
6:30pm – Trustees Meeting Following – All are welcome to stay
Boundary County Historical Society’s Annual Meeting Notice
According to the Society Bylaws, the Annual Meeting is to be held in the month of January.
The 2022 Annual Meeting will be held January 11, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. in Portrait Hall.
At the Annual Meeting of the Historical Society, there is a need to fill four positions.
Three Trustee seats to be elected in 2022 – 3-year terms; one seat vacated by resignation – an appointment of one year.
The year began with the Museum closed due to COVID-19 protocol. The Trustees, Staff, and Volunteers stayed busy, and excitedly reopened the doors on May 1. Here is a summary of what happened in 2021:
* * 2021 End of Year Report * *
Membership: Membership in 2021–147 members; Membership in 2022 (to date) — 47 members Total Membership dues collected in 2021 – $4,588 (including 2022 to date)
Fundraising: 2021 Historical Calendar; Small Towns, Big Dreams book; Gift Shop; increased support from Boundary County Commissioners and Glenda Poston, County Clerk
* Idaho Humanities Council CARES Grant 2: refurbished computer; hardware and software; funds for book printing – $2,500
* Idaho Humanities Council Grant, “Songs to Sing and Tales to Tell” – Idaho Song Project (Gary Eller); collection of historic songs & poetry; sound & recording equipment for Oral History Project – $2,000
* Small Towns, Big Dreams book
* School Tours – Fourth grade packets containing: Faces of History, Museum bookmark, pencil, Idaho Wildflower coloring book, scavenger hunt, and an “Idaho” cookie
* “Stock Handler Songs, Stories, and Poems of Early Idaho” program with Gary Eller
* Oral History Workshops(2) – Handbook of interviewing techniques; training and practice using recording equipment
* Parker Family Cemetery Tour – 50 people hearing and sharing Parker family history
* Boundary County Fair Board – 100th Anniversary of the Fair historic boards remained on display for a second year
* GROW – Little Free Garden project
* Bonners Ferry Herald – Special Inserts – Celebrating Timber Industry and Local Veterans; This Week in History; From the Archives
* Coeur d’Alene Press – Republishing “Anglin’ with Anglen”
* 9B Trails – The Enchanted Forest Trail and Riverside Park Trail – historic information and photos; text for trail panels
* Idaho State Historical Society – Photo of Amy Trice included in a special exhibit, “Honoring Women,” at the Idaho State Capitol
* Friends of Historic Places (Pat Hart) – Initial program held at Snyder Guard Station
* ITD, Idaho State Historical Society, Kootenai Tribe of Idaho – Mitigation process for Highway 95/2 in Bonners Ferry
Offsite Exhibit: Historic Photograph Ovals, on the move again, placed in new locations
* Pike Pole found in the Kootenai River by BF Search & Dive near Galena Landing
* Dr. Bowell’s 1950 Penn Yan Car-Topper fishing boat; (display shelving built by Marty Huddleston)
Virtual Exhibits – Located on the Museum Website:
*Flipbooks – new
- Kootenai Pictionary
- Bonners Ferry Blacksmiths
- Boundary County During Prohibition Days
- Bonners Ferry Junior High Students’ Oral History Book, 2002
Purchases: Refurbished computer to replace Eve (“EVEii”); sound and recording equipment related to IHC Grant
Museum Building Maintenance:
* Cracks in the north wall (temporarily repaired by Marty Huddleston)
* Repairs needed: exterior north wall; roof/ furnace room; interior north wall in Portrait Hall
Donors: 75 Accessions inventoried: 660
Past Perfect Program (objects, photos, books, archival papers): 35,719
Special Interest Donations:
* Collection of 1948 Flood color photos taken by Nella Fae (Williams) Troy
* Kootenai beaded purse made for Mary Fitzpatrick Rabdau
* “Bonners Ferry” Great Northern Railway Depot sign
Volunteers: 18 Volunteer Hours: 2,136 hours
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – — – – – – – – – – – –
Visitors to Museum (May 1- December 31) : Total -1,817
(Students-144/Boundary County -422/Idaho 367/Out of State-878/Out of Country-6)
Free Saturdays – June through October, sponsored by “Friends of the Museum”
Admission Fees: $2,284 Donations in Donation Box: $1,295.37
The Museum’s mission is achieved with the aid of memberships, the community, and the support of the County. Appreciation to all who have renewed their 2022 memberships. If you wish to renew, please complete the enclosed form along with your donation.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – — – – – – – – – – –
We look forward to greeting visitors and tour groups, providing programs, holding a fund raising dinner and auction, and having all around good fun at the Museum.
Gary Eller will return in 2022 with his newest Idaho Songs Project: “Songs, Poems, and Stories of the Early Idaho Panhandle.”
Watch the website for more updated information and events, and continue to follow the Museum’s Facebook page.